Welcome to Worden Medical Centre
At the Worden Medical Centre in Leyland, our doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as contraception, antenatal and postnatal care, childhood and travel vaccinations, minor surgery, well-person check-ups, and have recently set up warfarin monitoring clinics.
Everything you need to know about the practice can be found in the menu bar across the top of this page, or with the further information to the right which includes a wealth of health-related advice. Below you will find buttons for easy access to the following Online services: Request an Appointment; Cancel an Appointment; Order a Prescription; Update Clinical Details; Update Contact Details.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please click on the link below and complete the comments form.
Important notices for your information are updated regularly below.
Please see 'Latest News' for surgery news, job vacancies etc.
Please see the information below:
Forthcoming surgery closure dates for 2017 - see information below
Forthcoming Surgery Closures 2017
PATIENT ONLINE ACCESS
- please remember you can book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access your patient record via Patient Online Services. Please click on the link ' Patient Online Services' at the right-hand side of the page for further information and registration process.
Blood Test Results
If a clinician at the surgery has asked you to have blood tests, please remember it is the patient's responsibility to contact the surgery approximately 5 days after the bloods have been taken for the results. Reminder letters will no longer be sent out for repeat bloods due.
We have commenced using a text and email reminder service at the surgery. This will be used in many positive ways such as:
- Appointment confirmation and reminders. The patient can also cancel their appointment via text or email.
- Campaigns such as flu, shingles etc.
- Gathering data for eg: Friends and Family, smoking status.
- Sending out our Newsletter and patient questionnaires ( email )
For this service to be effective we need up to date mobile telephone numbers and email address. Please contact the surgery to update your contact details. You can use the Update Contact Form below.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR US TO CONTACT YOU VIA EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE, PLEASE ADVISE THE SURGERY AND WE CAN BLOCK YOUR NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL BEING USED.
(Site updated 29/08/2017)